It takes a village to raise a child (and a mother, for that matter) but in today's modern world, that village can be hard to find. A postpartum doula can help you fill in the gaps when you're short on support. I offer education, companionship and nonjudgmental support during what we doulas like to call ‘the fourth trimester’. I meet you where you are, to provide what you need, no matter your parenting choices.
Postpartum doula care is very flexible and can take many forms, including:
- Caring for your baby while you sleep or shower
- Providing guidance and education with regards to baby care (diaper changing, bathing baby, burping, etc.)
- Baby wearing support and education
- A listening ear to unpack your birth story
- Light housekeeping
- Light meal preparation
- Running errands
- Feeding support
- Nurturing older siblings
- Providing community referrals (for things like postpartum mood support and lactation support)
Postpartum Support Packages
Postpartum care includes:
- a one-hour postpartum planning session
- pdf copy of your postpartum plan delivered within 2 days
- A copy of my e-book "Foundations of Healthy Sleep"
- Purchase 12 hours for $390
- Purchase 24 hours for $750
- Individual shifts available at a rate of $35/hour for a minimum of four hours
Need Overnight Postpartum Doula Support?
If needed, I can stay in your home overnight to care for baby while you sleep and bring baby to you when feeding is needed, support you through the bedtime routine, assist with bathing, and provide different methods of parenting baby to sleep, if desired. Overnight shifts are a minimum of 7 hours, at a cost of $40/hour. Please feel free to contact me for more information or to discuss your unique needs.